Explore The Temples Was in Capital of The Khmer Empire
Travel through the Cambodian countryside to visit the Koh Ker group of temples. This remote archeological site was the capital of the Khmer Empire during the 10th century. See Prasat Thom, the main temple, and Beng Mealea, the model for Angkor Wat.
What to Expect
You’ll start out with the 130-kilometer drive through the scenic countryside from Siem Reap to the remote site of the Koh Ker temple group. The temple complex at Koh Kor, located to the north-east of Siem Reap, represents the remnants of the capital of the Khmer empire from 928-944 A.D.
- Visit the remote Koh Ker temple group, the remnants of an ancient Khmer capital
- See Beng Mealea temple, built in the late 11th century
- Enjoy a buffet dinner and an Apsara dance show
Departure Time: Tour at 08:30 am
Duration: 9 Hours
Guide live: English
Visit Beng Mealea temple next, built at the end of 11th century. This sprawling jungle temple covers an area of more than a square kilometer, and is now largely overrun by vegetation.
Constructed in a distinctly Angkor Wat style by the same king, Beng Melea temple may have served as a prototype for Angkor Wat. Although there are some lintel carvings, there are no bas-reliefs and carvings are relatively scarce.
When the temple was in active use, its walls may have been covered, painted, or adorned with frescoes. In it time, Beng Melea was at the crossroads of several major routes that ran to Angkor, Koh Ker, and Preah Vihear.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel in Siem Reap
- Drinking water and cool towel during the tour
- Transportation during the tour with driver
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Ticket for the Beng Mealea temple
- Ticket for the Koh Ker temple group
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All the services mentioned in the description
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Personal expenses
- Tips for the driver and guide (recommended)
- Any service not mentioned in the description
Cancellation policy: ( Deposit: 50% )
– 70% of Deposit refund for 3 - 5 days prior to the selected day
– Non refundable for 2 days prior to the selected day