2 Days Visit Ta Promh Temple of Angelina Jolie “Tomb Raider”
Discover within our 1 day trip leaving from Siem Reap Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple, Bapoun and the Elephant Terrasse. See a lovely waterfall, and a variety of carved animals. and pass by some lovely villages ending with dinner and an Apsara Dancing Show.
What to Expect
Investigate the mysterious monuments of the former capital of the Khmer Empire on a 2-day tour of Angkor Wat, take a fascinating full-day tour of some of the mysterious temples of the Khmer Empire, including the women’s temple of Banteay Srey and Kbal Spean.
- Visit the temples of Angkor Park and enjoy a beautiful Sunrise of Angkor Wat temple, The smile of Bayon temple
- Visit Ta Promh temple (Tomb Raider)
- Visit the Kbal Spean and Thousand Lingas
- Discover the Banteay Srey temple - built in honor of female deitie
- Enjoy a buffet dinner with an Apsara Dancing Show
Departure Time: Tour at 08:30 am
Duration: 2 days
Guide live: English
At 08:30 am in the morning we are going to visit the South Gate of Angkor Thom. Then we will visit the temples in Angkor Thom Area such as BayonTemple, Bapoun and the Elephant Terrace….Then we continue to visit the Ta Promh Temple jungle temple which was built by king Jayavarman VII (1181-1218). The temple was built in 1186 for dedicating to his mother. Angelina Jolie, Hollywood Movie Star, was filmed there for the movie “Tomb Raider”. Have lunch at the local restaurant.
After lunch at the local restaurant continue our trip to visit the Angkor Wat Temple. Angkor Wat was built by King Suryavarman II (1113 – 1150) to dedicate to God ‘Vishnu’. At the end of the tour you will enjoy a buffet dinner with an Apsara Dancing Show at the city restaurant. Afterwards we will bring you back to the hotel in Siem Reap.
At 08:30 am we go to visit the Kbal Spean, Kbal Spean commonly known as the valley of a 1000 Ligars, is set deep in the jungle to the north east of Angkor. 45 minutes steep jungle walk takes you to the riverbed where a hundreds of phalluses are carved in the rock. There is a lovely waterfall here which is best seen at the end of the rainy season. At the top of the falls are numerous carved animals. This site has only been opened up to tourism since 1998. Have lunch at the local restaurant.
After lunch we continue to visit the Bantaey Srey temple, it is a small and unique temple with the finest carving of all the Angkor temples. On the way back we will pass by some local villages where we may get down for a brief stop at a little village producing sugar from sugar palm trees. Back to the hotel finish tour.
- Pick up from airport to hotel in Siem Reap
- Pick-up and drop-off hotel in Siem Reap
- Drinking water and cool towel during trip
- Transportation with driver during the tour
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Angkor Temple Pass
- Buffet dinner with Apsara dancing show
- Lunch at local restaurant
- All the services mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks at restaurant
- Your personal expenses
- Tour guide and driver’s tips (recommended)
- Any service not mentioned in the program
What To Remember:
Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the hot Asian climate. Comfortable shoes are a must.
The Apsara Authority which manages the park reserves the right to refuse entry to certain areas of the site for guests who wear clothing which is considered immodest. No smoking, drinking alcohol, or touching the carvings is permitted in and around the temples.
Closure of site: The third level of Angkor Wat is not open during Buddhist holidays.
Cancellation policy: ( Deposit: 50% )
– 70% of Deposit refund for 3 - 5 days prior to the selected day
– Non refundable for 2 days prior to the selected day